Total Pageviews

Saturday 31 December 2011

Some Highlights from 2011.....

With the year coming to an end I thought I would add some of the highlights of 2011.  It has been a great year to take up fishing which has lead to some fantastic days out, and also some very wet and windy ones!

My first successful fishing trip (after 4 or 5 unsuccesful attempts!) was at  Heathcote Lake in Lemmington Spa.

Heathcote is a really nice little fishery with two small lakes situated on a caraven park.  I will definitely be going back next time I'm in the area.

This chap went to a black buzzer fished under a bung.


For Duncs birthday we had a little trip to Penine Trout Farm where we both had a cracking day. 

Penine Trout Farm is a very well stocked fishery but has some very nice big fish in.  It can be an easy day but is nice every now and then just to shake things up a little bit.

Dunc managed a personal best with this 6 1/2lb bow which went to an Olive Damsel.  It nearly ripped his arm off when it took, flipping his rod and shoot across the lake like a rocket!




We also found our new home, Barnsfold Waters.  This has two lakes with great access all the way around, with plenty of casting space, although the weather can be a little rough at times.

The fish here are like lead wieghts and will have your arm aching by the end of the day.


This was where I caught my first Brown Trout, a day which still brings a smile to my face. 

With the wind blowing floating line all over I had switched to an intermediate with a Cats Whisker and it wasn't long before my rod bent over.







Another great place, Bank House fishery.  A nice refuge if the weather is bad up at Barnsfold.  Here our Dunc caught a stunning Tiger Trout!

It went to a Cats Whisker on pretty much the last cast of the day, just before we lost all daylight.

Like my brownie, I think this fish is one he will not forget in a while.



Well that's just about everything from 2011, it's been a fantastic year with some great memories.  Roll on 2012 so we can all go and catch a few more and hopefully set a few more personal records!


No comments:

Post a Comment