Total Pageviews

Friday 25 May 2012

Burnhouse Lochan Fishery...


While working in Scotland recently I came across this nice little fishery, Burnhouse Lochan Fishery.  Having spent so much time there over the last 18 months I can't believe that I didn't know about it sooner.

A stones throw away from my hotel, it's perfect for an early finish from work and a few hours fishing until sunset.

Unfortunately, as it was catch and return I don't have any pictures of my catch, but I had a great few hours there.  It is a shallow water, only 10 - 12ft deep at the most and there are areas where you can get snagged on fallen trees.  The bailiff will tell you where not to cast and it does only affect one or two of the pegs.

On my visit I fished using 2 black buzzers with a beaded nymph on the point, this had some success.  I managed 6 fish in all over a 5 hour period, which I was quite happy with!

A place I will definitely be returning to on my next trip up north, if this summer ever arrives!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment